- The journal is strictly against any unethical act of copying or plagiarism in any form. Plagiarism is said to have occurred when large portions of a manuscript have been copied from existing previously published resources. All manuscripts submitted for publication to Fikrotuna: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Manajemen Islam are cross-checked for plagiarism using Turnitin software.
- Plagiarism is the unethical act of copying someone else's prior ideas, processes, results or words without explicit acknowledgement of the original author and source. Self-plagiarism occurs when an author utilizes large part of his/her own previously published work without using appropriate references. This can range from getting the same manuscript published in multiple journals to modifying a previously published manuscript with some new data.
- Manuscripts found to be plagiarized during initial stages of review are out-rightly rejected and not considered for publication in the journal. In case a manuscript is found to be plagiarized after publication, the Editor-in-Chief will conduct preliminary investigation, may be with the help of a suitable committee constituted for the purpose.
- If the manuscript is found to be plagiarized beyond the acceptable limits, the journal will contact the author's Institute / College / University and Funding Agency, if any. A determination of misconduct will lead Fikrotuna: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Manajemen Islam to run a statement bi-directionally linked online to and from the original paper, to note the plagiarism and provide a reference to the plagiarized material.
- The paper containing the plagiarism will also be marked on each page of the PDF. Upon determination of the extent of plagiarism, the paper may also be formally retracted.